Thursday, July 28, 2011

The First Time

7/27/11
8:55am

Riding on the long road of anticipation.
These train tracks define minutes to hours left before I reach you.
A bumpy feeling jumps on my body,
Same as the beats in my heart.
But I am dreaming.
Floating above the Earth are the butterflies in my stomach.
This high, nostalgic presence takes me over.
A window seat passenger on the plane to your heart.
Carrying a round trip ticket of love,
Wanting a one way exchange for your heart.
Watching the big hand take charge,
The little hand falls behind every hour.
Time seems to be moving backwards & stumbling over seconds before I reach you.
This meeting is so presidential to me,
More than greeting Obama because you are my Commander in Chief.
And the National Defense of your heart resides with the Prime Minister.... Me.
A King & Queen of sorts.
We gamble with Diamonds as collateral in late night Clubs with the best Spades of the trade to win each others Hearts.
After years of greetings & salutations,
We bought our own share of Hallmark.
But finally the words on card stock could not be seen anymore.
I feel the braille on your lips & read my way to your thoughts.
The journey has stopped & my feet are touching ground.
Heart racing to the bold white line,
where 1st place is the warmth of your touch.
Daily practices of charging laps around the world,
Just to get to the biggest event of the year.
Olympics of our lives together.
Running past the byways & lanes of people following their own destinations.
I must meet my goal to reach you.
Through those exits I can finally see you.
I am stuck.
And my heart stops.
This is,
The first time.

-QSS.

1 comment: